Friday, December 17, 2010

Friday's Finds: And the winner is ...

... Pantone 18-2120 Honeysuckle!
Earlier this week, Pantone LLC named Pantone 18-2120 Honeysuckle the color of  the year for 2011.
The color authority Pantone describes Honeysuckle as a "vibrant, energetic hue" and as a "dynamic reddish pink."

I'm a bit confused because where I come from anything called honeysuckle evokes the Yellow Family. So here is the color swatch.

Now my challenge to you is to identify the name of the watercolor paint that best approximates Pantone 18-2120. Click on Comments below and register your opinion.

In the Favorite Quote category
My nominee for Best Quote about Watercolor would be: "Watercolor is a swim in the metaphysics of life... a mirror of one's own character. Let it be unpredictable and colorful." I stumbled across this anonymous quote on the Painter's Keys Web site: http://painterskeys.com. The quote captures the allure of the medium for me.

And finally, here's my entry in the Best Bumper Sticker contest:

1 comment:

Carol said...

My first reaction was Quinacridone Pink, but I held it up and the swatch looks closer to Opera or Rhodonite Genuine (Daniel Smith). Pantone will never reveal the secret pigment mix, though, so it's anyone's guess! Great little exercise!